2019 THHS Wrestling Summer Camp
When: Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from June 17th to
July 13th, 2019
Where: 27501 MUSTANG RUN, MISSION VIEJO, CA 92691
Room 808- Wrestling Room next to the stadium.
Cost: $ 125 .00
Register online AT communityservices.svusd.org. Use program ID thhs wrestling
or register in person at the Community Service office, 25631 Peter A. Hartman Way, Mission Viejo, CA 92691.The cross streets are Jeronimo / Peter A. Hartman Way
Or send/drop off check 27501 Mustang Run. MV, CA 92691 ATTN: Coach Bosy. Check made out to Saddleback Rec.
- All athletes interested in summer camp must be cleared through athleticclearnace.com (good for a year and all sports).
- Completed summer participation form (Due to Coach Bosy)
- Wear workout shorts, T-shirt & wrestling shoes (headgear/mouthpiece are optional but recommended). Bring a water bottle and workout towel.
9 AM: Monday, June 17th – First Day registration in wrestling room (rm. 808), Hand out gear, introduce coaches before we begin practice.
Monday & Wednesdays
- 9:30 am – 10:30 Am: WEIGHT lifting in weight ROOM by the pool – Wrestlers learn the proper lifting techniques and weight train in the weight room. They will follow the cutting Edge phase 1 weight lifting schedule, which is appropriate for beginning weight lifters not at full physical maturity.
- 10:30- 12 noon: TECHNIQUE SESSION & Drilling in the wrestling room- Wrestlers will learn the basic moves of wrestling- takedown, escapes, reversals, near fall & pinning combinations. We will also have live wrestling on this day.
Tuesday & Thursdays
- 5 pm- 6 pm: TECHNIQUE SESSION & Open Mat in the wrestling room- Wrestlers will continue to learn the basic moves of wrestling- takedown, escapes, reversals, near fall & pinning combinations. Wrestlers get the opportunity to work on technique they may have questions about or had trouble executing at the scrimmages. We also do various games that actually help out in wrestling and are a lot of fun!
- 6:30 pm– 8 pm: OCWCA SUMMER LEAGUE WRESTLING SCRIMMAGES. Location TBD- Wrestlers will get to wrestle athletes from other schools who are of the same ability, level and weight class. * If you can help carpool, please email me the dates and number of passengers you can take
(949) 874-1848 or Coach Mitthof @ (949) 394-8206